Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hardcore Henry

       Hardcore Henry is essentially the video game movie, it earns this title by having the entire movie shot in first person from "Henrys'" perspective, popular video games such as Call of Duty are the same way, except this movie is more like Syndicate (way better than call of duty but thats another story). Basically this film is a mash up of Robo-cop, Taken, Kung Fu Hustle, Kung Fury, and it does well. I was very skeptical going into this film I thought it would be a cheap action flick,so I lowered my expectations. For the first twenty to twenty five minutes the camera was extremely shaky, after that I either got used to it, or the editors did something to stabilize the camera, I have no idea what though. Surprisingly enough I enjoyed Hardcore Henry quite a bit, it has such a boyish charm that it's hard not to smile and get into the film. What critics are praising this film the most is how the entire movie feels like one continuous shot.
       Henry is a parkeuring, shooting, angry crazy man, a cyborg who is almost like a superhero who is trying to get his wife back from this albino guy. Every character besides Henry is in the background, their sole purpose is to provide a reason for the non-stop action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment